The abundant mineral silicon is famous for more than computer chips. It is critical to healthy life to exist. Among it’s numerous jobs, silicon is part of the on-going health requirement for:
- Healthy Joints
- Silicon has been shown as an essential ingredient in the creation of articular cartilage.
- Silicon is cross-linking agent which supports a network responsible for holding water in human joints.
- Bone Health
- Silicon manages different factors related to the mineralization of bones.
- Silicon supports the production of the cells which form bones.
- Silicon is responsible in part for the synthesis of collagen which is needed for flexibility.
- Ligaments and Tendons
- Collagen synthesis is a major element of tendon and ligaments which is decreased by the deficiency of silicon.
- Heart Health
- Silicon makes the inner lining of arterial tissue less susceptible to puncture or breakdown.
- Skin Health
- Collagen which we discussed under bone health is also critical for making the skin appear young and firm.
- Hair Health
- The outer part of every hair, which provides strength and elasticity, is comprised of silicone. Without silicone, hair tends to be brittle and fall out more easily.
- Nail Health
- Silicone supports strengthening the nails and ensuring they are free of cracks and less likely to damage.